main background top
About Us
 
The First State Bank of Bigfork dates back to 1912 when a group of investors consisting of F.P. Sheldon who served as President, S. J. Moran who served as Vice President, A.E. Peterson, Cashier and A. Wedge, Jr. established the business in its original location on the south end of Main Street.

In 1933, C.F. “Slim” Gilbertson joined the business as Cashier, serving in that position until becoming Vice President in 1959. After 38 years in the banking business, Gilbertson retired in 1971.

In the early 1940’s, the Latterell family, originally from the Kelliher area, became involved with the Bank. Louis M. Latterell served as President from 1942 until 1957. Oliver J. Latterell, Louis’ nephew, moved up from Vice President, taking over as president in 1958. Oliver’s son, L.J. “Larry” Latterell joined the family business in 1968. Larry became President in 1982 and served in that capacity until his death in 2001.

Larry and his wife Liz, were well-respected and involved community members who served in numerous business, church, and community organizations. Larry served many years on the Bigfork Volunteer Fire Department and Liz served as Mayor of Bigfork for two terms.

Today, the First State Bank of Bigfork is still a community and family oriented institution, while at the same time offering its customers modern banking conveniences. Jef Fisher joined the business in 1978, moving up to Sr. Vice President in 1988 and President in 2001. Larry’s son Mike Latterell presently occupies the position of Sr. Vice President.

In 2011 First State Bank of Bigfork acquired an off site location at 184 Main Street East in Kelliher, MN.
 
 
main background bottom