Why do doctors try to distract patients with lollipops and ice cream? One look at the bill and you'll forget about that shot almost instantly. Relieve the sting of healthcare costs with a health savings account.
The money you, your boss, or a caring friend contributes earns interest above standard savings. Tax advantages help you make even more of your money. There are no minimum balance requirements, no monthly service charge, and no "use it or lose it" policy. Let First State Bank of Bigfork take care of you — contact us today.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn interest above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- $0 minimum deposit to open
Most adults under 65 who are not enrolled in Medicare and are covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) can qualify for an HSA, but it is up to the account holders to determine their own eligibility. Please contact your tax advisor for further eligibility requirements.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.